Our highly customized services usually fall into categories listed below
- Policy impact study for coal & downstream industries - Study on coal & downstream industries and major suppliers - Supply & demand by coal type - Imports & exports by coal type - Coal & coke costs - Prices on coal by type & coke - Coal & coke logistics (rail, road, water) - Regional coal supply-demand & logistics
Resource & Market Study
- Competitiveness comparison between Chinese & imported coal - Mine resource investigation & value assessment - Due diligence investigation of coal/coking enterprises - nvestigation of coal market & target customers - Investigation of coal production, distribution & transportation - Field trip to coal/coking enterprises
Coal Pricing, Price Forecasting & Early-warning
- Value comparison between domestic & foreign coal brands - Coal products pricing & adjustment - Price forecast & early-warning - Premium/penalty standards for coals of varied origins - Coal market consulting
Raw Materials & Products Optimization
- Big data-based coal blending & cost-cut services for coke making - Raw materials evaluation & optimization for coal using enterprises - Coke CRI and CSR prediction & optimization - Coal product value exploration & productdesign - Recommendation for special resources
Supply Chain Optimization and Management
- Corporate informatization and digital management system development - Business structure and system optimization for production enterprises - Enterprise overall competitiveness evaluation and optimization - Enterprise technicians and managers competence assessment - Management consulting
Expertise and dedication win us customer satisfaction and industry reputation
Subscribing frontier information
Ten years of profit record after adjusting products structure
An inventory disposal notice saved Xinzheng from suffering losses
Target markets selection, new products and mine development and management plan
Consultancy services on coal mines investment in China
As one of our oldest and biggest customers, the company has been able to grasp the pulse of the domestic coal market and keep building up its say power and pricing power in the international market. Even under present market volatilities, it still realized maximal profit and is recognized as the top profit-maker among Chinese coal companies.
Besides its own vast and dedicated research organ, the achievements would be unlikely without cooperation with professional information and consultancy providers like us. As a premium CCR member, we have cooperated in aspects including:
(1) China thermal coal market monthly forecast;
(2) Thermal coal stocks monitoring system;
(3) Thermal coal price early-warning system (based on 26 parameters);
(4) Special topic projects cooperation.
Shanxi-based Qinxin Group is a world-known producer for sophisticated foundry coke and the largest foundry coke exporter in China.
But Qinxin was not that lucky in the past, since it used to producing superfine met coke with its own premium primary coking coal before 2007, yet it failed to make any profit although its met coke price was the highest among the Chinese coking plants. So Qinxin finally turned to us for help.
Through a comprehensive evaluation of Qinxin's primary coking coal quality, we found out that such coal was more appropriate for producing sophisticated foundry coke. So we decided to adjust Qinxin's products structure to help it out of the predicament:
(1)Re-designed feed coal mix, fine-tuned production process, sent technicians to guide and supervise the entire process, which raised average product price by more than 600 yuan/t;
(2)Formulated a foundry coke marketing program, and advised Qinxin to build a monthly price forecasting mechanism,seek advice on quarterly offering price and actively explore overseas market;
(3)Drew up a strategic development plan in which Fenwei encouraged Qinxin to build itself into a world-class foundry coal production base.
The above suggestions helped Qinxin successfully upgrade products and increase sales revenue by 500 yuan/t. To date, Qinxin has remained profitable and even secured a profit of over 80 yuan/t in 2014 when Shanxi's coking plants were stricken by widespread losses.X
Shouyang Xinzheng Coal Preparation Plant is one of our premium members that has been benefiting from our monthly market forecast report and risk early warnings since 2015.
The CR Stock Index bounced back after falling to 61.22 points in June 2008, the lowest level since 2003, and meanwhile China's daily crude steel output started to decrease from early July. We predicted with the CR forecasting model that domestic coal prices could top out and start to drop fast in 40 to 50 days. We immediately notified members to stop restocking and dispose inventories as soon as possible.
And what followed backed up CCR's forecast. While coal mines nationwide restarted production after the Beijing Olympic Games, China's crude steel output registered first drop in July; the CR Stock Index climbed rapidly.
To avoid serious loss, we summoned a seminar, calling premium members to stop restocking and start clearing stocks:
(1) To send out all qualified washed coal at any cost;
(2) To sell out middlings and slurry to local users even at a lower price;
(3) To call off restocking and start raw coal preparation round the clock.
Xinzheng's last train of coal products started off at 10:00 am, September 10, and that afternoon Anshan Steel notified Xinzheng to stop shipment. In the next one month or so, China's coking coal prices dropped by one third, with the CR Price Index falling to 522.8 points by the end of the year, plunging 51.55% from the peak of 1,079 points at the start of the year. This was a heavy blow to most of Shanxi's coal preparation plants, but not Xinzheng, who remained profitable and basically recovered investment after offsetting previous deficits.X
From all fields of the coal and related sectors in over 10 countries
Our standard consulting services generally follow the procedure listed below. We however, are always prepared to offer tailored services to meet your specific demand.
- Understand customer demand and the background
- Set up the project team
- Prepare project proposal
- Field trips and data gathering
- Analysis, conclusions and customer's feedback
- Write the report
- Experts review and presentation
- Revision (if necessary)
- Submit the report and Excel data (if any)
Please contact us for further details about our consulting services.